Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders
36075 S. Rincon Road, Wickenburg, Arizona, 85390
A fully accredited and licensed inpatient behavioral health facility located in the beautiful Arizona desert, Rosewood is one of the first and most experienced programs to provide comprehensive care for all stages of recovery from anorexia,bulimia, binge eating disorder and co-occurring addictions /disorders to men, women, and adolescent boys and girls.
- Specializes in anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, co-occurring addictions and mood/psychiatric disorders
- Uses a variety of treatment modalities to help individuals recover from eating disorders and co-occurring addictions.
- Led by three of the nation's leading eating disorders experts, Dena Cabrera, Psy.D., Amelia Davis, M.D, and Nicole Garber, M.D.
Eating Disorder TreatmentRosewood provides a comprehensive continuum of care for eating disorder treatment, including a licensed inpatient facility with 24 hour medical supervision to stabilize and treat the most severe eating disorder cases. We accept individuals of all ages, genders and stages of eating disorders, treating them with respect, compassion and mutual trust. Our caring clinicians will get to know you as a person and develop an individualized eating disorder recovery plan based on your needs.
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentA co-occurring disorder describes the presence of two or more disorders at the same time. For example, a person suffering from anorexia bulimia may also be suffering from substance abuse. By addressing both the eating disorder and the substance use disorder at the same time as well as applying a variety of other therapies, a patient can make significant improvements. At Rosewood, our staff has worked with many people suffering from anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorder and has discovered that the majority of these patients often suffer from more than one clinical disorder such as alcohol addiction, drug addiction, depression, anxiety, or PTSD.
Meet the Staff
- Dena Cabrera, Psy.D., CEDSClinical DirectorDena Cabrera, Psy.D., CEDS, is the Clinical Director of the Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders. Dr. Cabrera oversees all clinical aspects of patient care, leads program development and directs staff training and supervision throughout the Rosewood system. Prior to being appointed as Rosewoods’ Clinical Director, Dr. Cabrera served two years in the role of Clinical Director of Adolescent Services, and Director of The Rosewood Institute. Dr. Cabrera is a Certified Eating Disorders Specialist with a wealth of diverse clinical experience including 19 years treating individuals, families and groups with a range of medical and psychiatric disorders. Her specialized training include neuropsychological and psychological assessment, dialectical behavior therapy, as well as the cognitive-behavioral treatment for patients with developmental disorders, behavioral problems, depression, anxiety, and eating disorders. Dr. Cabrera is a nationally recognized eating disorders expert. She has authored numerous articles and publications and is honored by her academic and clinical peers for contributing vital resources to the field of eating disorders. She most recently co-authored, Mom in the Mirror: Body Image, Beauty and Life After Pregnancy (Rowman & Littlefield), a first resource of its kind that speaks to moms, and those who love them, through a personal and compassionate lens that assists in healing from body-image disturbances and eating disorders. Dr. Cabrera is a member of the American Psychological Association, the Academy of Eating Disorders and the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals. She received her Master of Arts and PsyD in Clinical Psychology from the California School of Professional Psychology, Los Angeles.
- Amelia Davis, MDMedical DirectorDr. Amelia Davis is the Medical Director of Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders. Dr. Davis is directly involved in the psychiatric, medical, and neurological evaluation of the patient with an eating disorder. Dr. Davis is an active member of the multi-disciplinary evaluation and treatment team which coordinates patient care for a range of eating disorders and conditions. As the Medical Director of Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders, she works to assure the evidence-base of the treatment programs, quality of medical care, leading Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders programs toward national recognition as center of excellence. Dr Amelia Davis helps provide the safe and effective Rosewood environment that promote person-centered care. Before joining Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders, Dr. Amelia Davis served as the Medical Director of the Eating Disorders Inpatient Unit at the UF Health Psychiatric Hospital and the Adult Eating Disorder Recovery Center (ERC) at University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida. Dr. Davis’ leadership and clinical skills helped UF’s ERC expand from inpatient to residential, partial and intensive outpatient levels of care. Dr Davis’ comprehensive program successfully worked with psychologists, student health, nurses, college and university eating disorders clinicians, Psychiatrists, and other providers throughout the State of Florida. As a full-time academic physician at the University of Florida and Director of the Eating Disorders program, Dr Davis was an assistant professor, involved in teaching undergraduate students, medical students, resident physicians, and fellows. Dr. Davis worked with student mental health, parents, and students to raise awareness and decrease the stigma associated with eating disorders. Throughout Dr Amelia Davis’ career she has worked tirelessly to prevent, help, evaluate and treat disordered eating. Dr. Davis earned her medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine and completed her residency in psychiatry at University of Florida, where she also served as Chief Resident. Dr. Amelia Davis has presented in both regional and national conferences as well as published case reports in the area of eating disorders. Dr. Amelia Davis is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and licensed to practice medicine in the state of Arizona and Florida. Dr. Davis is a member of the American Psychiatric Association and the American Medical Association. She is passionate about providing exceptional person-centered care and furthering the expansion of knowledge and treatment regarding eating disorders. Dr. Davis grew up in Kalamazoo, Michigan. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, classical and early music, and exploring outdoors.