West Coast Recovery Centers Outpatient
785 Grand Avenue Suite 220, Carlsbad, California, 92008
Our mission is to operate beyond traditional industry practices that can create barriers and constraints, prohibiting a nurturing path to individual recovery Our vision is to create a multi-disciplinary, therapeutically rich environment to explore and inspire change.
- Meditation, Mindfulness and Yoga Practice
- Exercise, Nutrition and Somatic Awareness
- 12-Step and Alternative Spiritual Exploration
12-StepThe term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.
Holistic TherapyFacilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.
Meet the Staff
- Wendy ZizzoClinical DirectorDr. Zizzo has a Doctorate of Clinical Pharmacy and completed a one year clinical pharmacy residency from the University of California, San Francisco. She served as a Chemical Dependency Clinical Pharmacist at the Haight Ashbury Free Medical Clinic’s Drug Detoxification, Rehabilitation and Aftercare Program, where she assisted hundreds of chemically dependent patients to detoxify, developed drug detox protocols, conducted research and published scientific articles. Dr. Zizzo has taught Alcohol and Other Drug Studies (AODS) courses since 1992. She is an Associate Professor of Alcohol and Other Drug Studies and Co-Chair of the Behavioral Sciences Department at San Diego City College.
- Ian DepewFounderIan Depew is the founder of Sober Ranch, a 20 bed,long-term men’s chemical dependency facility. He has been involved with several treatment centers, recovery homes and sober living facilities. Most notably, he worked under the tutelage of Mark Houston, at Mark Houston Recovery before moving to San Diego. He also has an extensive knowledge and working relationship with Burning Tree Recovery Ranch. In his personal life, Ian struggled with heroin addiction for years going through multiple treatments before recovering.His extensive experience led him to the vision that became West Coast Recovery Centers.