Ohio Addiction Recovery Center Columbus
3880 Jackpot Rd, Grove City, Ohio, 43123
At Ohio Addiction Recovery Center, our clinical approach is to provide intensive services in a supportive, welcoming treatment program staffed by experienced, compassionate experts who are dedicated to the success of our clients. Each individual comes to us with their own unique set of strengths and challenges. Our approach builds on those strengths and teaches tools and strategies to navigate and overcome the behaviors and habits that have been holding them back. Our primary goal is to help those we serve to achieve abstinence and long-term recovery from alcoholism and substance abuse. We know that addiction and co-occurring disorders take a heavy toll on the individual. For many of the people we treat, substance abuse has been a way of life for years, often as early as childhood. This leaves them feeling hopeless and demoralized. There is often a belief that the problems they face are insurmountable and that things won’t get better. We aim to help each and every person we work with to move past this hopelessness and into a new life full of possibility. This happens through healing and learning a new way of life.
- Board Certified Addictionologist on Staff
- Optimal Client to Staff Ratio
- Job Placement aid and Career Building
Recreational TherapyIn its simplest terms, an adventure addiction therapy program is a therapeutic intervention that utilizes the backdrop of Mother Nature as a means for adventure and exploration with the ultimate goal of promoting emotional and spiritual growth as well as self-discovery. When you research adventure or wilderness therapy, you will no doubt see there are many forms of this therapy that can be used in a variety of situations. Depending on the situation, adventure addiction therapy programs can range from which can range from learning survival-based techniques to a more formal and organized camping-based program. In the framework of substance abuse treatment, wilderness programs focus on bringing out who the addict truly is outside of their addiction.
Equine TherapyA form of animal therapy, equine therapy involves visiting, working with and sometimes riding horses as a way to create a metaphoric relationship that leads to life-altering insights.
- Residential Neighborhood
Meet the Staff
- Mark Messer, LSWPrimary TherapistMark is a native of Columbus, Ohio. In 2014, he graduated from The Ohio State University with and Undergraduate degree in Social Work. He is a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) and specializes in chemical dependency counseling, adolescent therapy, family dynamics, and strength based therapy. He started with Ohio Addiction Recovery Center in October 2015, shortly after opening. He has recently started working in Equine Assisted Therapy, and Recreational Therapy. I He believes in putting his heart and soul into savings the lives of every client he comes into contact with.
- H.Joshua SwearingenCase ManagerJosh started with Ohio Addiction Recovery center in March 2015 as his first case management position. He is beginning in the field of helping others and giving back. He is passionate about helping each client build confidence and self-efficacy in building resumes, completing applications, preparing for and attending job interviews, and eventually obtaining employment to help support their next steps in their recovery process. He provides many services and support to clients while helping them to transition. He works with referring agencies and completes transportation to help the transition of clients to treatment be more personal.
- Up to 100%