Jefferson Health - Bala Cynwyd
225 East City Avenue Suite 15, Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania, 19004
Life of Purpose addiction treatment centers are a family of substance abuse and mental health programs dedicated to providing adults ages 17 – 60+ with the necessary tools to ignite their purpose and recovery. Whether you are a young adult needing to get your life back in order and complete your education, or a professional spinning out of control and needing to re-engage your passion and career, we have programs designed for you. Life of Purpose specializes in evidence-based treatment services for young adults, and adults whose lives have been disrupted by substance abuse. We offer clinically sound, affordable addiction treatment with facilities in the greater Philadelphia area and Palm Beach County, Florida. This continuum of care is uniquely designed to address the gap in traditional addiction treatment services offered to adults and emerging adults. Our Location This treatment center, located outside the Philadelphia area on the Mainline, provides all levels of outpatient treatment from Partial Hospitalization, Intensive Outpatient and traditional Outpatient treatment. Due to the proximity to the City, it is more accessible to people who are working, in school and participating in their surrounding community while engaging in local outpatient treatment. Program Details Our Reality-Based Treatment Model focuses on strengthening life skills and spans all levels of care, detox through traditional outpatient. In this modality, we assess a person’s strengths and weaknesses to help individuals adapt to a successful sober lifestyle. Reality Based Treatment programming includes emotion regulation, cognitive behavioral therapy, and trauma-informed treatment.
- Reality-Based Treatment Model
- Evidenced-based therapy
- Trauma Informed Treatment
Reality-Based Treatment ModelOur Reality-Based Treatment Model focuses on strengthening life skills and spans all levels of care, detox through traditional outpatient. In this modality, we assess a person’s strengths and weaknesses to help individuals adapt to a successful sober lifestyle. Reality Based Treatment programming includes emotion regulation, cognitive behavioral therapy, and trauma-informed treatment.
Holistic TherapyFacilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Bethany Kassar, MSW, LCSWExecutive DirectorWith a proven track record of successfully developing and executing outpatient and partial hospitalization programs, she will oversee operations of clinical and medical teams, compliance, programming, and quality of care at Life of Purpose. Most recently, Bethany served as executive director of outpatient services at Summit Behavioral Health, Hamilton, N.J., where she grew census annually for outpatient sites; managed compliance, The Joint Commission accreditation, and state licensing in multiple states; and introduced a Partial Hospitalization Treatment model and other programs to strengthen the organization's continuum of care. Bethany's previous healthcare work included serving as a therapist at Onward Behavioral Health, Jamison, Pa., and social worker at Actors' Fund of America, Los Angeles, Calif., where she developed programs for chemical dependency and adolescent intensive outpatient services. Kassar earned her Master's degree in Social Work from the University of Southern California and her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from California State University.
- Camille DeRose-King, MA, LPC, CAADC, CCTPFacility DirectorCamille received a Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology with a concentration in Addictions Counseling from Rosemont College in 2011. Camille is Licensed Professional Counselor and a Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor in Pennsylvania. Camille has extensive training in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and co-facilitated a DBT skills group which included providing individual therapy. In 2017, Camille became a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional after recognizing the need to understand and stabilize the effects of traumatic stress to promote longterm recovery. Camille's entire career has been focused on treatment of individuals with substance use disorders. Camille joined the Life of Purpose/Liberation Way team as a counselor in December 2017 and was promoted to Facility Director in 2018.