Lakeside Behavioral Health System
2911 Brunswick Road, Memphis, Tennessee, 38133
Lakeside Behavioral Health System exists to provide quality psychiatric and addiction healthcare services that: Patients will recommend to family and friends, Physicians will prefer for their patients, Payers will select for their members, Employees will be proud of.
- Senior Adult/Geriatric Services
- Child and Adolescent Services
- Lakeside Residential Treatment
Chemical Dependency, Substance Abuse & Dual Diagnosis (Co-Occuring Disorders)At Lakeside, we know that chemical dependency is not a character deficiency or moral weakness. It is progressive, potentially fatal disease that has long-term emotional and physical impact on the individual and the whole family. When it is accompanied by other mental health problems, it is important to treat both. At least 30% of the people who recognize their alcohol and/or drug abuse also have emotional disorders. Addictive behaviors are more likely to continue unless these disorders are recognized and treated.
Mental Health TreatmentLakeside has long been a leader in the treatment of illnesses that effect mental health. Our programs allow each person to grow and learn from those in similar situations. Each patient gains the education, skills training and symptom management to cope effectively with their illness and life stressors. Lakeside’s Mental Health Program is an opportunity to bring joy back into their lives.
Meet the Staff
- FELICIA SWAUNCY CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICERFelicia Swauncy joined Lakeside Behavioral Health System as Chief Financial Officer in February 2007. She has served in a variety of roles in Finance for 20 years. She was previously the CFO at Health South in Memphis for two years, Director of Finance at Memphis Area Transit Authority for almost nine years and Controller at Elder Care for five years. She is a graduate of Christian Brothers University and Central Michigan University. She is a graduate and member of Leadership Memphis. She resides with her husband and three children in Memphis.
- JOY GOLDEN CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERJoy Golden is Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director for Lakeside Behavioral Health System in Memphis, TN. Joy has worked in the healthcare industry since 1978 where she started her career at Methodist Healthcare as Corporate Human Resources Director. During her 22 years with Methodist, Joy managed labor and employee relations, risk management, benefit administration, the employee health clinic and functioned as the legal consultant for all FAA guidelines for employee health for the Hospital Air Wing Ambulance Service. She graduated from nursing school in 1996 and is currently a Registered Nurse in Tennessee. Joy has been working as a psychiatric nurse at Lakeside since 1997 during which time she has held the positions of Charge Nurse and House Supervisor. Prior to being named Chief Operating Officer, Joy served as Chief Nursing Officer. Joy taught Labor Relations and Employment Law at the University of Tennessee College of Allied Health from 1992 to 1999.