The Fullbrook Center
184 Fullbrook Lane, Fredericksburg, Texas, 78624
Awakening Hill Country is a family-owned, women's only, alcohol and drug treatment center for those afflicted with substance abuse and addiction. Every patient at our facility will participate in individually designed programs comprised of treatment planning, group therapy, individual therapy, and other specialized rehabilitation for drug and alcohol addiction. Our professional staff will apply the latest in proven addiction treatment techniques for you, or the woman you know suffering from addiction. Our staff facility is approved by the state of Texas to bring the best treatment possible to the hill country. Each part of the program is specifically designed for each woman. No aspect of her life, past and present, will be set aside. Every element is crucial to provide the best possibility of sustained recovery and sobriety. The Awakenings Hill Country is a CARF and NAATP Accredited program for women suffering from substance abuse issues. We look forward to serving you!
- Addiction Recovery for Women in the Texas Hill Country
- Small by Design Substance Abuse Recovery for Women
- Personalized Treatment in a Bed & Breakfast Setting
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Animal TherapyAnimal therapy (also called animal-assisted therapy and pet therapy) supports recovery and emotional wellbeing by helping people develop relationships with animals. Animal therapy can be a one-time or ongoing experience.
Meet the Staff
- Rebecca (Becki) CookProgram DirectorRebecca Cook has been involved in the field of Addiction Recovery for over 24 years. She currently holds the following license and certificates: License Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC), Qualified Credential Counselor (QCC), Peer Recovery Support Specialist (PRSS), Texas Trainer of Recovery Coaches and Co-Occurring Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Disorder Specialist (COPSD). Rebecca is a member of NAADAC the Association for Addiction Professionals and TAAP Texas Association of Addiction Professional. Rebecca comes to Awakenings with a working knowledge of the 12 steps, an extensive history working with families, relapse prevention planning and using a holistic approach to recovery. Rebecca loves having a small part in the process of assisting women and their families’ break the bondage of addiction; a gift that keeps on giving. One woman helping another woman recover is POWERFUL!
- Dr. Jeffrey R. HoltMedical DirectorDr. Holt was born in Kerrville and grew up in Comfort, where he graduated from high school in 1996. He received his B.A. at the University of Texas at Austin, then went on to the University of Texas at Houston medical school. He then completed his Family Medicine residency training at the Waco Family Medicine Residency Program. He returned home to the Hill Country in 2008, and joined the Fredericksburg Clinic. In addition to his busy family medicine clinic, he has worked in the field of addiction medicine since 2008, when he started working at Serenity House Drug & Alcohol treatment facility. He received board certification in Addiction Medicine in November 2014 and became the medical director of the One-Eighty detox service at Hill Country Memorial Hospital in May 2015. He also accepted the position of medical director at Awakenings Hill Country, which opened in August 2015.
- Financing Available