Alcohol Addiction Treatment in Hollywood, Florida
Hollywood, Florida, is home to dozens of alcohol rehab facilities and alcohol addiction treatment programs. Treatment tracks in the iconic South Florida location range from medical detox to residential rehab to outpatient programing to aftercare groups like Alcoholics Anonymous. Regardless of your treatment needs, you’ll find the means to kickstart your recovery in Hollywood.
According to the 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), over 14 million American adults suffer from alcoholism, yet many go without getting the help they need. If you or somebody you know is struggling with alcohol addiction, below are local resources that can help you start your journey toward recovery today!
Hollywood-Specific Alcohol Use Stats
South Florida is a popular destination for tourists, and for those seeking alcohol rehab. Located outside of Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood is known for its scenic views, pristine beaches, and tropical climate. Hollywood also has its struggles with substance abuse. In particular, Hollywood sees regular drinking and binge drinking, leading to increased car crashes and DUI charges.
- There were 157 alcohol-related car crashes in Hollywood in 2009, which represents 5.89% of all crashes that occurred that year.1
- In 2017, there were 179 alcohol-confirmed car crashes in Hollywood.2
- Approximately 19% of adults in Broward County engaged in heavy or binge drinking in 2013.3
- 929 people sought treatment at alcohol rehab centers in Broward County in 2014.3
- In 2016, 20% of Broward County residents aged 12 and older reported past-month alcohol use.4
- Additionally, 61% of high school students in Broward County reported lifetime alcohol use.4
- Approximately 6% of Broward County residents age 12 and older have alcohol use disorder.4
How to Find Alcohol Rehab in Hollywood, Florida
Alcohol rehab in South Florida is often helped by the warm weather and natural landscape. Many facilities will capitalize on the Florida beachfronts by offering various experiential and holistic therapies. Regardless, the popularity of South Florida for rehabs has left Hollywood with several veteran alcohol rehabs that can help you achieve sobriety.
For those traveling to Hollywood for alcohol rehab, you can get started by using this treatment locator, provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Finding a treatment center in Hollywood shouldn’t be too difficult, especially for those seeking to travel for treatment. Indeed, traveling for alcohol rehab has shown the potential to reduce stress and foster long-term recovery.
What is Alcohol Addiction Treatment?
If you suspect that you or someone you care about has an alcohol use disorder (alcoholism), it may be time to seek professional help. No matter how serious the problem seems, people can recover from alcoholism and live happier, more productive lives. The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) reports that alcohol addiction treatment can be very effective, with research showing “that about 1/3 of people who are treated for alcohol problems have no further symptoms 1 year later.”
Effective treatment may involve medications to ease withdrawal symptoms, therapy through a rehabilitation program to understand the addiction and change behaviors, and long-term aftercare programming such as peer support groups to help maintain sobriety and avoid relapse. Learn more about alcohol addiction treatment here.
Why Choose an American Addiction Centers Facility?
Alcohol.org is a subsidiary of American Addiction Centers (AAC) which offers a nationwide network of facilities, an alumni support system, quality care, and a 90-day promise. Whether located in your city or in a nearby state, at AAC facilities you’ll find quality care and custom plans offering a wide range of treatment options and different levels of care to best fit your needs.
AAC’s goal is to put your recovery first so that you get the most out of your experience. They provide a knowledgeable team of doctors, clinicians, and counselors to not only address substance abuse but also co-occurring mental illness, physical wellness, social issues, and more. Further, if a person relapses after completing 90 days of treatment at an AAC program, they can return for 30 days of complimentary treatment.
As an AAC alumni, you’ll get the opportunity to interact with other alumni across the country through hosted gatherings and events. Plus, alumni coordinators check-in regularly to ensure those recovering from substance abuse benefit from continued support.
Use the confidential, secure form on this page to verify if your insurance provider will cover treatment at an AAC facility.
- Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2009). Traffic crash statistics report 2009.
- Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2018). Traffic crash facts annual report 2017.
- Florida Department of Health. Community health status profile.
- National Drug Early Warning System. (2016). Southeastern Florida (Miami area) sentinel community site (SCS) drug use patterns and trends, 2016.