Finding Alcohol Addiction Treatment in North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Historic North Kingstown offers a wide variety of alcohol rehab programs for Rhode Island natives and out-of-towners. Whether you’re in need of medical detox, residential alcohol abuse treatment, or aftercare meetings to help with sobriety, this Rhode Island town can meet your needs.
According to the 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), over 14 million American adults suffer from alcoholism, yet many go without getting the help they need. If you or somebody you know is struggling with alcohol addiction, below are local resources that can help you start your journey toward recovery today!
North Kingstown-Specific Alcohol Use Stats
Located south of the city of Providence, North Kingstown has a long and storied history dating back to the 1600s. While North Kingstown has changed dramatically since that time, alcohol abuse and dependence remains prevalent. Particularly, North Kingstown residents face notable rates of alcohol and substance abuse, compounded by the ease of acquiring the substance and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Between 2012 and 2013, 2% of middle school students and 22% of high school students admitted to alcohol use in North Kingstown.1
- In 2015, 7.7% of North Kingstown residents lived in poverty, which is a social indicator of substance abuse. 12.1% of children lived in poverty.2
- Between 2013 and 2014, 322 North Kingstown residents were admitted to Rhode Island hospitals for behavioral health problems.2
- In 2014, North Kingstown had the most youth psychiatric hospitalizations in Washington County at 67.2
- The lower substate region of Rhode Island, where Washington County and North Kingstown residents live, had among the highest rates of underage past-month binge alcohol use (21.91%–42.39%) between 2012 and 2014.3
- In a 2012 study of North Kingstown high school students, 60% of participants stated that obtaining alcohol, cigarettes, or marijuana could be “sort of” or “very easy.”4
- Between 1995 and 1997, Washington County had a charging accuracy rate of 37% when it came to charging drunk drivers correctly on their second offense. This put them in last place for accuracy among the 5 districts.5
Finding Local Addiction Treatment in North Kingstown
Being part of the Providence metropolitan area, North Kingstown provides access to alcohol treatment facilities for locals and travelers alike. North Kingstown’s proximity to major cities like Providence, Hartford, and Boston make it an ideal destination for New Englanders to seek alcohol abuse treatment.
Additionally, New England is host to many renowned treatment facilities. One of these treatment facilities, AdCare, operates a substance abuse facility in North Kingstown. One can also find a variety of treatment facilities by using the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) treatment locator. This tool can help prospective patients, or their loved ones, find treatment centers in North Kingstown and the surrounding areas.
What is Alcohol Addiction Treatment?
If you suspect that you or someone you care about has an alcohol use disorder (alcoholism), it may be time to seek professional help. No matter how serious the problem seems, people can recover from alcoholism and live happier, more productive lives. The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) reports that alcohol addiction treatment can be very effective, with research showing “that about 1/3 of people who are treated for alcohol problems have no further symptoms 1 year later.”
Effective treatment may involve medications to ease withdrawal symptoms, therapy through a rehabilitation program to understand the addiction and change behaviors, and long-term aftercare programming such as peer support groups to help maintain sobriety and avoid relapse.
Why Choose an American Addiction Centers Facility?
Alcohol.org is a subsidiary of American Addiction Centers (AAC) which offers a nationwide network of facilities, an alumni support system, quality care, and a 90-day promise. Whether located in your city or in a state near you, at AAC facilities you’ll find quality care and custom plans offering a wide range of treatment options and different levels of care to best fit your needs.
AAC’s goal is to put your recovery first so that you get the most out of your experience. They provide a knowledgeable team of doctors, clinicians, and counselors to not only address substance abuse but also co-occurring mental illness, physical wellness, social issues, and more. Further, if a person relapses after completing 90 days of treatment at an AAC program, they can return for 30 days of complimentary treatment.
As an AAC alumni, you’ll get the opportunity to interact with other alumni across the country through hosted gatherings and events. Plus, alumni coordinators check-in regularly to ensure those recovering from substance abuse benefit from continued support.